For some people, this period of waiting for God’s next move in our life can seem tough. It can be frustrating to the point that we fight the process of rebuilding ourselves, and not taking this time to focus on how we want to move forward, or how we may need to move forward going into our future. We’ve feared uncertainty and have become blinded by this state of confusion, because we don’t know which way to go.
While waiting for these unfound blessings, we’ve become complacent and have driven ourselves insane. We’ve neglected the time for God to mend relationships or strengthen us, rather than committing to prayer about what we feel and about where we want to be. We must remind ourselves that in this time of waiting, God is busy healing, preparing, and working out the issues of our current state. We cannot walk into this new season of Salvation without understanding the purpose for our waiting.
Take a moment to consider this. While you’ve been waiting for your new season, what exactly have you done? What have you been asking God to do? Have you thought about where you are now? Have you thought about the kind of life you want to have going forward? Have you prayed? And most importantly, what seeds have you sown?
1 Corin. 15: 36-38. “What you sow does not come to life until it dies. When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body.”
You may have been looking at these moments of waiting as a problem. Rather than taking the time to reconnect with God, you’ve been focused on your fears, wants, and what you think you may need. You may have said “Lord, I’m not sure where I am right now and I have no clue as to where you’re leading me, but as long as you’re guiding me, I know everything will workout for my good!”
Can you see the difference here?
- We see the problem we’re having with waiting on God, and it drives us to a place where we shouldn’t be.
- Then on the other hand, we let God know we’re not actually sure of what’s going on, and we’re trusting in Him to see us through this.
Think about it.
- Have you been sowing comfort, love, and peace, in knowing that God will take you to new heights beyond your belief?
- Have you been sowing discord, anger, and calamity within yourself, because you’re afraid things might not turn out the way you want them to be?
See, we’re always in fear of what we don’t have control over, but that’s not really the problem here. The problem is that we feel we don’t have control over what God is doing, when in actuality we do. We have complete control over our actions, how we feel and what our beliefs are.
- Are you frustrated because you feel unloved by the person you’re wanting?
- Are you confused because you keep misunderstanding what unconditional love actually means?
- Are you upset because you’re constantly running out of money to buy the things you want?
- Do you feel helpless because no one is offering you an opportunity to take care of your family?
1 Corin. 15: 42-46. “The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in Power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.”
Do you think if you consider yourself strong that God will make you stronger? or Do you actually believe that in your weakness God is making you weaker?
The situation is this; follow our uncertainties to where God will lead us or take matters into our own hands and be certain of nothing. The choice is yours. Whether you choose right or wrong, strength or weakness, there’s still life after this. The only question is, which life will you decide to live?